HAWLEY WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
Position: Field Techs
Education Requirement: High School/GED or equivalent
Experience: 1yr preferably, but not required.
Examples of Work under the direct supervision of the lead operator, but not limited to:
- Maintain, repair and install items relating to the water system.
- Operates various types of equipment necessary in the daily repair, installation, and maintenance of the water system.
- Maintains and performs repairs on water mains, service lines, service laterals, meters, meter boxes, pump stations, valves and hydrants.
- Installs, connects services and read water meters.
- Uses hand tools to dig ditches or holes and shovels dirt, gravel, asphalt or sand.
- Informs supervisor of all problems, deviations and unfamiliar situations.
- Assist other coworkers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter.
*MUST BE DEPENDABLE/ PUNCTUAL at work and adheres to the policies and procedures of the HWSC.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic Math: add, subtract, multiply and divide accurately.
- Safety: confined space areas, watch for the safety of others
Physical Requirements and requirements of the position
- Perform strenuous physical activities to include, lifting up to 100 lbs, crawling, bending, walking, kneeling, climbing on and off equipment, working indoors/outdoors in confined spaces on level or uneven terrain, under noisy conditions and inclement weather.
- To perform the essential functions of the job, must be able to read, write, see, hear and walk: have good hand/foot/eye coordination to operate equipment if required.
- Position requires the ability to work extended hours and be on-call on a routine basis. Willing to be on-call for emergencies and able to respond in a timely manner.
- Texas drivers license (required) with good driving record. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record. Note: Driving record will be checked.
- Must be able to pass a background check with no felonies
- Must pass a drug screening
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application's below and return to:
Hawley WSC located at 555 8th St, Hawley, Texas 79525
or you may email your application to: [email protected]
Subject Line: Employment Application
You may also pick up the application's at Hawley WSC located at 555 8th St, Hawley, Tx 79525.
If you have any questions, please call 325-537-9268.